My friend Tawny grew a few butterflies and it made me want to do it before we left! It was really cool, Paul thought I was ridiculous for caring about a caterpillar so much, I think he got a little jealous ;)
The whole process took about 25 days.
He started out itsy bitsy. This little hungry caterpillar ate and ate. When he was bigger he would eat a leaf about the size of my hand every day! Seriously, I could practically see him growing before my eyes. in the morning I would check on him and by night he was fatter and longer. 9 days later he curled up into a little "J" and hung like that for about a day. Then turned into a cocoon. He was in a cocoon for the other 15 days. The cocoon started out green.. but the last few days started turning more transparent and you could see his wings in there. pretty cool. Once he came out, his wings were wet and he couldn't fly for about 4 hours, so it was fun to hold him and hang out with him before he flew away.
I think I thought it was cooler than Capri, but she was really excited to hold it and we walked to the beach and she held the butterfly the whole way! Seriously if anyone gets a chance this summer to do this, do it. its pretty cool.


5 comments:
Awesome! That is really cool.
Ok, that is the coolest thing ever! What a good thing to do with Capri too! I think I should do it with Daci, she would love it!
that really is so cool. i don't know if i would touch the butterfly though. for some reason it makes me nervous. haha
That's awesome! I totally want to try that this summer!
that is so neat! and what cute pics of capri holding the butterfly!
Post a Comment