
When I was in High School I used to compare everything I bought to a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, or gas $ to get to Park City so I could go snowboarding. Let me give you an example so you get what I mean... if a shirt cost $18 I would be like "WHAT?! that's 2 trips up to Park City! no way!" or if a pair of undies cost $7, I would be like "$7... thats 7 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers... but these are really cute, ok thats worth it!" Anyways I dont know if that makes sense to you, but thats how I have always thought. After graduating I would compare things to plane tickets.. like $200 jeans would be almost a round trip ticket to california. I personally would way rather go to Cali and back.. but thats just me, everyone has their own things that motivate them. I still do that to extent, like Lagoon with Paul for a day, or buy a skim board for Hawaii, or a massage, hmmm? I think we all weigh out our options.. and decide what we would rather have!
Im blabbing but I just have been thinking about this a lot, I think my paradim has shifted a lot lately! AND Paul is not around so I don't have anyone to share my random thoughts with, so sorry!
Last year, I would have loved a house, and my "dream car", now I am giving up almost everything I own to move to Hawaii and I couldn't be happier, or see it any other way! This is MY dream, everyone has their own dreams, whether it's buying your first house, paying off your cars, going on that vaca you have always wanted, running a marathon, graduating college, starting that buisness that you can't stop thinking about, being able to be a stay at home mom, landing that dream job, flying a plane, the list goes on and on. Its actually really cool to sacrifice for things we want. It makes me feel good. I used to shop a lot, now I just save, because I know its what I need to do to help make our dream happen. Its funny, I have this dream notebook (its 111 things I want to do in my life, like a bucket list), where I have pics cut out of all the things I want to happen in Paul and I's life spiritually, financially, physically, and random things like moving places and vaca's, its so much fun to check these off and see them go from just a picture to reality.
Sorry this is boring but I just love the way life changes and we as humans change with it, sometimes are wants and needs change so much just even in a year, we learn to adapt to circumstances and trials, we learn what makes us happy. For me, I am so happy to live in a little 600 sq ft, appt, wake up to the ocean and sun everyday, and get to spend lots and lots of time with my best friend and baby. What more could I ask for? At least for the next couple years :)
I love dreamers, thats 1 big reason I love my hub... so if you care to share your dreams comment on my post and tell me about them! or I tag ALL of you to blog about it! I would seriously LOVE LOVE to hear about them, even if I don't really even know you that well! No dreams are dumb, even if its just buying the perfect shoe. I wanna hear about it!
6 comments:
I love you. and I love this post. Let me think about it and get back to you ,) I have a lot of dreams too, but I should write them down, it would probably help me reach them if they were on paper or something :) I am way stoked for you to move to Hawaii, ever since I met you I know that's what you have always wanted to do with Paul. it will be so good for your little fam. But I will definitely miss you LOTS... I am coming to Utah at the first of August, can't wait to see you!!!
you are living my dream! I lived in Hawaii for a while and always knew I wanted to live the simple life raising barefoot beach bum children there. I have thought of many ways to try and get back there but I am still in Utah, but my dreams still come true every day through my sweet baby boy and husband. Happiness and dreams can unfold anywhere anytime. here is a post sort of related...http://bitsofmyheart.blogspot.com/2009/09/thoughts-for-today.html
anyway
I am a stranger
hope you don't mind my comment
your little sweetie girl is beautiful!
My dream is to be a stay at home mom. I would LOVE it. oh and living in Hawaii wouldn't be so bad ;)
p.s. Sarah Hunt is my friend and she really would love to live as a beach bum. you guys would be great friends.
I LOVE hawaii! we are getting sealed there in june of next year!
i love this post. you got me thinking and thats a good thing! its funny how sometimes we think we should accomplish what other poeple have to be happy but in reality thats not happiness. thanks for sharing that!!! i'm glad you are happy and living your dreams!!!
I love the name Capri too. I'm assuming you have heard Colbie Caillat's song entitled "Capri".
I did live in Lahaina, with 3 other girls working for Del Sol. What about you? I knew Paul kind of as an acquaintance through friends in H.S. (ironic) and I happen to come across your blog through our mutual friend Jayni.I read your "about me" and thought I could be great friends with this person :) Anyway anyhow I wish your lil' family the best of times in the Aloha State. I'm adding you to my blog roll and look forward to lots of sunny posts about all things Hawaii!
Post a Comment