Wednesday, July 6, 2011

did i ever tell you?

Did I ever tell you I live in the ghetto?!
yep. no dishwasher. ghetto carpet no washer and dryer. ghetto clothes. ghetto everything.
Did I ever tell you my bed is ghetto?
yep. its on cinder blocks.
Did I ever tell you about the cockroach that crawled on my hand?
yep. it did.
Did I ever tell you about my ghetto car?
yep. it is.
Did I ever tell you my bathroom always smells like sewage or mold no matter what i do?
yep. it does.
Did I ever tell you I am scared to pee in the middle of the night?
yep. I am. cockroaches like the bathroom at night.

Did I ever tell you how much I love it here though?!
yep. I do. all of that silly stuff is worth it. so worth it. I wouldnt trade a second of it. it makes me sick to think of raising my kids anywhere else. I was having a bad week.. I took Capri to the beach today.. she was in heaven. she swam and while she was swimming she sung her little heart out. This made me so happy. I think she needs the ocean just as much as I do. I think my husband loves it just as much as we do. he is just scared to admit it... in fear we will stay here forever if he says it out loud. we love our home.

{electric beach}




{4th of July watching the firework on the beach}




3 comments:

Sarah Hunt said...

This is kind of like the conversation we had...none of that stuff matters...and it makes life so much more enjoyable and simple. I met this lady at the library today who is from Hawaii and just visiting, her 9 or so year old was playing so well with Zealand and being so sweet...I complemented her on how friendly and awesome her children were and she attributed it directly to raising them in Hawaii. I felt panicked to get my family to Hawaii! :) I'm glad you are so happy there. I'm glad Capri has her Waii. P.S. living in Hawaii is having cock roaches as room mates...they always used to be under my bed and in my shower. buggers!

Tayli+Evan+Nixon+Jovi=love said...

How fun Lish! That would be so awesome to watch the fireworks on the beach! miss you guys<3

FJ Johnson said...

Fireworks on the beach! I dont think it gets much better than that.
P.S. Capri is adorable.