Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Pomegranate Trick

Pomegranates are my favorite fruit and my favorite treat to get in my stocking! But.. I HATE peeling/de-seeding them. I always stain my clothes/countertop/floor/hands/etc. and make a huge mess so I don't eat them as often as I would like to. Linds told me about this trick the other day, I went to Costco and got some today. I was so excited to try it out! It worked amazingly! I'm enjoying my pomegranate as we speak.. And I don't even have one stain on my clothes.. Or anywhere!


The Pomegranate Trick
1.Choose a pomegranate and fill a big bowl (probably not a white one) with water.





2.Slice the top of your pomegranate open, then UNDER the water, peel and de-seed your pomegranate. De-seeding it under the water will prevent juice from flying everywhere. The seeds will sink and the rest will float. Amazing huh?




3. Skim the top to get all the "extras" out of the bowl. There are a lot of handy things you could use for this.. I used a spoon. After all the "extras" are out of the bowl poor into a strainer and viola! Easy to clean up and so yummy!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Laie Hawaii

No comments: