Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Remember

I hope I remember...
..The way my hubbys skin smells like the ocean after a long day at the beach
...The way the light hits the sand just where the water washes up, right when the sun is going down
.. The takeout meals to the beach
... The inspiring people I see on the bike path running every morning
... The way my baby girls face lights up when we get to the beach
... The person I have become
... The things this culture and island have taught me
... The smell of our flower trees in the morning
... The way it feels to be just me and my baby girl sitting on our board with our feet in the water
... That silly things like things don't matter
... The way it sounds under the water in the ocean
... The best food in the world from a truck
... How I feel after I surf by myself
... The warm misty rain
... Many many beautiful beach days with my mini-me
... How you can't see the seasons change but you can feel them change
... Being so tired everyday at 10pm
...Halloween.
... Pretty flowers everywhere
... $1.50 yoga
..expensive food. Expensive everything
... The roadside stands
...kahuku grill
...rope swings
...addresses painted on surfboards
... Our ghetto bed that is on cinder blocks
...our ghetto everything
...chickens everywhere
...being excited to see a car wash
..the slowest service ever
..amazing people with the biggest hearts
...when I get goosebumps if it gets below 75
...our little town with so much spirit
...the excitement of the winter waves on the north shore
...finding sand in my sheets, lip gloss, ears, everywhere
...chickens everywhere
...the beautiful view from the bike path
..fun hour long drives to Costco target and Walmart
.. We love our home. 4 more months.. We are gonna miss this place




Location:Laie, Hawaii

3 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Aw, this is beautiful! I'm glad you got to experience all of these things. What great memories to cherish. Love this pic of Capri too :)

Sarah Hunt said...

I haven't stepped into the blog world in a long time! Caught up a little bit here on your blog! I love this post and I think you know as surely as I do YOU will never forget and when you move away your dreams will be filled with these things EVERY night! I hope you guys ate well!

Sarah Hunt said...

Are well not ate well :)