Thursday, June 14, 2012

june. and its already too hot.

Our move from Hawaii has been a big adjustment. We went from being up at 6am and going the whole day, running every morning, playing outside/at the beach, and going to bed exhausted every night... to being here. stuck at our apartment with no car, not being able to play outside a ton cause its so hot, and not being able to be the free bird I love to be. BUT I have to say, even though its hard I think it has been so good for me. Just what the dr ordered. We have had a lot of time to veg out! We have all been sleeping in until 9:00-9:30 every morning, which NEVER once happened in Hawaii. Ever. Our appt is the taj mahal compared to TVA and it is so quiet. It has been hard for me and Capri to learn to play inside. We pretend a lot these days, play playdo, play in her tent (a sheet pinned to the wall), color, watch movies, paint in the bath tub, do puzzles, play the matching game, hide and seek.. you know all those inside activities. Sometimes I feel like we are both going crazy but other times I am grateful for this time. We have also not been home as much as I am making it seem, we have got to do a lot of fun stuff! My friend Steph is out here and she has a little boy named Carter that is Capris age (3 weeks apart I think) and they play so good together, and we have got to do some fun stuff with them and some of the other girls in the office! 
Capri is getting big too fast. She wont give me kisses anymore she says "no kisses, how bout just hugs mom?" I swear she is too young to be too cool for kisses but hopefully its just a phase. Im loving that she is at the age where we can go to movies together and just go to lunch and talk, and trust me she wont stop talking. Im loving our time together. I love that she is my bestie, and I love all the funny things she says. I love that she counts to 10 in spanish, hilarious. and speaks a mix of spanish and chinese jibberish and even sings in this language a lot. I love that she makes up her own songs all day, like "Im eating noooooodles. mommy is wiping my hannnnnds, i looooove my iguana iggy"  I love that she draws me pictures of dragons all day and takes her notepad a pencil everywhere she goes. She knows all of her letters and numbers now, and knows a lot of the sounds they make. I love that she is obsessed with ghosts and monsters and blood and bad guys and the incredibles. AND that i cannot get her to play with a barbie, no matter how hard I try. and I try hard. haha. Oh I just love her. 

{Crocodile Hunting}

Carter 


Capri has turned into a brave little fish over night! She was so scared to take off her floaties and then last week she decided she was going to swim with out them and now she jumps in and swims and holds her breath and is the cutest bravest little 2 year old! Im proud of her, my goal for the summer was to teach her how to swim enough that if she fell in water she could hold her own for a little bit until help came or swim to the edge. So im happy that she is making progress! 
{she loves playing with her dad at the pool.. I feel like the 3rd wheel when we go together}


{pinning carter and brushing his hair hah so funny}

 {Capri is obsessed with "Oscars Oasis" on Netflix, its about a funny lizard, my mom sent her a package with this lizard in it, but Capri insists that it is Iggy the Iguana. and she carries him on her shoulder.. kind of creepy and silly}


 Paul rented me a car this week so I took Capri up to the Children's Museum. Houstons is rated number 1 in the nation, and it was seriously amazing! We spent almost 5 hours there and I had to drag her home, and I feel like we didnt even come close to doing even half of it! 


This was her favorite, the vet office. We probably spent almost 2 hours in here pretending, giving the puppies shots, listening to their fake heart beat, and playing vet! 

{Making me eggs in the kitchen}

{The rock wall.. she didnt love it "its really kind of scary mom"}

The back to the  vets office again!


A couple weeks ago I signed Capri up for a Mommy and Me gymnastics class, and it has seriously been so much fun!! Capri loves it and it gets out both of our wiggles for the day! She loves the balance beam, the trapise, and the "crazy slide" into the marshmellow pit.

{playing "Incredibles" with Carter. Capri always has to be Dash"

{this guy has been working so hard, i feel bad for him, its so so hot here. I just cant believe he goes out there every day. Im so proud of him. We have had a lot of fun together this summer, I just love him. I told him today, as we were sharing our sandwhich, and I picked the tomatoes and onions off the same time he did. that we were a match made in heaven. We both hate mayo too... I mean.. how often does that happen?}  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahahah i just saw this post! (i'm a bad blog reader these days). Love the pics of these 2 silly kids!

jayni & ben said...

you are such a busy body. i love it. i can not believe how old she is getting. it seems like she was little such a short time ago and now she understands everything and is practically a teenager. you are such a good mom and wife.