Last year while visiting Hawaii we fell in love with a house that we wanted to rent, we stayed in contact with the guy managing the property. Towards the end of March we got word that this house that we wanted was opening up May 1st. After that everything happened so fast.
It was a Thursday and Paul said to me "Lets just do it! Let's just jump!" I had a ton of reservations. I didn't know if I was ready to leave my house that I loved and all of these amazing people that I loved.. not to mention its a HUGE move. I told him, "OK!" and didn't think a lot about it. An hour later I got a phone call from Paul telling me, "a shipping pod is coming in the morning." I was in shock thinking "Ok. We are really doing this I guess!" I will forever be grateful for Paul for being the one to "just jump". I started going into crazy packing mode. Boxed up as many boxes as I could in 1 day and went to bed exhausted. The next morning Paul put our house up for rent. Within hours we had it rented out. We had 1 week to be out of our house. Everything fell miraculously into place, there is no way I could doubt our decision. It just felt right. With a lot of help we managed to pack up everything that we wanted into a pod. Sell everything else. Patch walls, paint, sell my car (and everything else), and booked plane tickets for May 1st. So crazy. I felt like my brain was literally mush. On March 28th we left our first home, the only home Matix has ever known, it was so bitter sweet. I loved my house, location and neighbors, but I knew good things were coming. A week and a half before we were supposed to be flying out, the house we thought we were getting, you know, the one we just dropped EVERYTHING for, the one we were in love with... well it fell through. We had no idea where we were going to go, but for some reason I wasn't stressed about it. I just knew everything would work out and we would end up where we were supposed to be. Since we had a month before we had to leave we stayed at Paul's parents house and my parents, we loved spending time with family and friends and I am so grateful that the last month we got to spend time with everyone instead of having to move. Our month flew by in a blink of an eye, the next thing we all knew we had all of our bags and we were on a plane.. headed back to the island, our island, our new home.. a dream come true.
It was a Thursday and Paul said to me "Lets just do it! Let's just jump!" I had a ton of reservations. I didn't know if I was ready to leave my house that I loved and all of these amazing people that I loved.. not to mention its a HUGE move. I told him, "OK!" and didn't think a lot about it. An hour later I got a phone call from Paul telling me, "a shipping pod is coming in the morning." I was in shock thinking "Ok. We are really doing this I guess!" I will forever be grateful for Paul for being the one to "just jump". I started going into crazy packing mode. Boxed up as many boxes as I could in 1 day and went to bed exhausted. The next morning Paul put our house up for rent. Within hours we had it rented out. We had 1 week to be out of our house. Everything fell miraculously into place, there is no way I could doubt our decision. It just felt right. With a lot of help we managed to pack up everything that we wanted into a pod. Sell everything else. Patch walls, paint, sell my car (and everything else), and booked plane tickets for May 1st. So crazy. I felt like my brain was literally mush. On March 28th we left our first home, the only home Matix has ever known, it was so bitter sweet. I loved my house, location and neighbors, but I knew good things were coming. A week and a half before we were supposed to be flying out, the house we thought we were getting, you know, the one we just dropped EVERYTHING for, the one we were in love with... well it fell through. We had no idea where we were going to go, but for some reason I wasn't stressed about it. I just knew everything would work out and we would end up where we were supposed to be. Since we had a month before we had to leave we stayed at Paul's parents house and my parents, we loved spending time with family and friends and I am so grateful that the last month we got to spend time with everyone instead of having to move. Our month flew by in a blink of an eye, the next thing we all knew we had all of our bags and we were on a plane.. headed back to the island, our island, our new home.. a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment