Friday, April 22, 2016

Hauula Loop

Capri has really struggled this year with going to school,  I think it was a hard transition from being with me almost all day (minus 4 hours of preschoool a week) to be thrown in all day kindergarten.  Its been heartbreaking to watch her shut down in some ways and see her overflowing with anxiety in certain moments.  When she is there I think she is good and loves it, but then when she gets home she is tired and moody and then the next day she cries when she has to go again.  But in the same moment she gets up, makes her bed, gets dressed, gets cereal for her and matix, does her hair and brushes her teeth.  I cant even believe how much she has grown up and how amazing she is!  I have been trying really hard to take her on little dates to make sure we get one on one time where she can talk to me about anything, "unwind" and decompress.  We love to go shelling early on the weekends and lately we have been trying to do hikes and she makes for a good hiking buddy since she can go on longer hikes that Paul wouldnt normally love to do. This place was pretty amazing.. It made me feel like I was in Utah but with an ocean view.    I love our time together, she made me stop at every little piece of moss, every leaf, and every little flower.. I loved it and I love how much she loves life and nature! She claimed she saw fairies and may or may not have hugged a  really soft mossy tree haha!









No comments: