#1 Teacher of the year award goes to...
My hubby! Usually I don't like to brag about my hub, cause come on.. we all know our own husbands are THE best! But I have to just for a minute! In our first year of marriage I loved him a lot and I loved everything about him... but I think in the past year I have really grown to respect him as a person and a husband! He has taught me soooo much! He has taught me to not "cry over spilt milk". He is always saying "its ok babe, its not a big deal." Then I step back and see it really isn't a big deal! He has taught me to "turn the other cheek"... this one is soooo hard for me! Usually in the past when people were mean, I would dish it back, but people treat Paul horribly sometimes and he is so kind in return, he even prays for the people that offend him! (I know it says to.. but come on? Who honestly prays for people that offend them?) When someone has done something to wrong him/ or us, when we say our prayers together at night he will always pray for that person/s! I am always shocked and really humbled to say the least. He has taught me to THINK about my decisions! My whole life it has been my personality to want things and want it NOW! So.. in return I dont think through my decisions all the way and don't always make the best decision .. he is always telling me to "not rush into it" wether its buying a car, a house, going on a trip, making a decision for school ect. He has shown me how to be a hard worker... this man works A TON! he is gone from 10ish to sometimes midnight! He never complains and he is always trying his best! I don't understand how he handles the stress and is still Mr. Smiley all the time! The most important thing though is he has taught me how to love people for who THEY are, not who I WANT them to be or EXPECT them to be.. just THEM.. Paul never focuses on the flaws in people, and he ALWAYS ALWAYS gives someone the benefit of the doubt, which is so hard for me cause I don't trust people that well, and so he is always reminding me to just trust them and give them the benefit of the doubt. (I think he had a good mom! I don't know how else he would turn out so good!) My hub has a great heart, and I know its cliche to say, but the past almost 2 years of my life have been THE best of my life! I couldn't ask for a better husband, sometimes when life gets crazy I think to myself that I am so lucky to have the great marriage I have, and at the end of the day.. nothing else is more important. I'm glad Paul never reads our blog haha but I am grateful for all he has taught me.. I know I have way more to learn.
Other things I have learned...
..ALWAYS take advantage of a sunny day!

..Shopping ALWAYS seems like it's the cure, but then I'm pretty sure it just makes me feel guilty and worse then I did before! P.S. These shoes are soooo cute .. I want them, but I will be strong!
..Some bridges are better off burnt. I have read some really great books and met some really great people in the past year that have taught me how to eliminate the people and things, even habits in my life that aren't making me a better person, and how to deal with the people that do treat you unkind.. or the trials that do arise in life. I know sometimes for whatever reason we feel obligated to have friends, family, habits, hobbies, interests that we love that arent making us better.. but these books taught me to remove the "poisons" from my life (and even learning to NOT be a "poison" in others lives), so that you can grow and that you will be so much happier without it! And its true, I have seen a HUGE difference just by the proccess of elimination or just by re-prioritising my life, it hasn't been easy.. but I know I am better off and much happier!
...ALWAYS fill up your car if its a sunny day! If you don't then the next time you really have to fill it up it will probably either be pouring rain (like out here in FL).. FREEZING cold (which I don't even like to mention the word freezing in the summer, I dont even want to think of winter or snow)... a Russian snowstorm blizzard, or you will be in a hurry or late to something. So next time you have a minute fill up your car!
...Comfy T-shirts.. and clothes are THE best! Especially being preg! My bff Britt always wears comfy clothes when we hang out cause she always has dance until late and I always was jealous cause I would get ready and be uncomfortable but I learned. Now I will take comfort over anything!
....Don't let dogs (maybe just bigger dogs) sleep with you! (We used to be guilty of this!) Have you seen their beds?
...Always take advantage of service
... Working out is the best thing ever! Even if I am at the weight I wanna be at(which obviously I am not right now, seeing how I am prego and feel huge), I still feel SO good no matter what! I LOVE the endorphins!
.. Boys are clueless! And they are def not mind readers! It's so funny boys do NOT get hints! You just have to flat out tell them everything.. example 1: when I was telling my dad and little brother I was preg my mom and I played this little game called "lets see how many hints it takes until they figure it out" We made it SO obvious and we STILL had to tell them. Priceless. example 2: Usually I hint to Paul what I want for Christmas, birthday, bad days ect. and it never works so before the summer I told him "if i am having a bad day and I am about to have a melt down, just get me a pedi, massage, or flowers and I will be so happy ok?" He has done a good job so far because he knew what I wanted/needed and I dont even have to get frustrated from him not taking the hint!
4 comments:
i don't think i've ever seen such a personal side of you like you shared in this post. i love it. you are so lucky to have such a good relationship with your husband. he really is great. you also inspired me with what you said about "poisons" in life. i have "friends" like that too. i struggle trying to figure out whether it's better to keep them in my life in hopes that i may help them but i think it just hurts me more than it helps. maybe i need to read that book you mentioned :) anyway, thanks for sharing that.
Alicia Jolley!! First of all.. I freakin Love you!! and am so glad we are Besties and that we met last summer. This post was so touching the way you talked about Paul, he is a keeper and such a sweet guy. your a lucky girl. I love how you are so honest about everything. Thanks for listing the things you have learned, they are great tips for me to learn and/or review and think about. I miss you!!!!! oxoxox
sounds like you have done lots of growing! I love seeing this side of you- i hope to see it more =) i love posts like this- its always nice to reflect back on good times & what we have learned. like you i have learned lots from other people. Those were such sweet things you said about paul. we have always liked paul- he reminds me a lot of ryan no false pretenses "the real deal". how lucky we are to have guys like that!
Alicia! Soooo good to hear from you. How is your family? You look so beautiful as always. Congratulations on your baby girl. Being a mom is the most incredible thing in this world I am so excited for you! Please tell your family hello from me and I hope you will add me as a friend.
Post a Comment