Sunday, January 22, 2012

85 days

We have 85 days left on our little island. Its insane. I know 85 days seems like a lot in paradise, but its our home, and thats not that many days when you look at it like that. This is the longest (by far) Paul and I have ever lived anywhere together. I always take a lot of pictures but ever since we have been back from Christmas I'm making an extra effort. So, its gonna be picture overload until we leave. sorry.

This semester is heaven compared to last. Last semester was so hard, we never saw Paul. He was usually gone from 8am-11pm except for Saturdays. intense huh? so proud of him though. Even though Paul is gone a lot now, I feel like compared to last semester we get to see him a lot, and I am super grateful for that. We missed him so its been nice getting to spend time with him. Capri has been in heaven having her daddy around! 

Today we went to Lanikai in Kailua. It is a gorgeous beach! Seriously. Bright teal water, white sand.. looks more like the Caribbean. It was gorgeous. 

{Paul found this eel.. pretty freaky right?}



{miss sadie}

{paddle boarding with jake and capri}

{spencer and jake}

{holly}



{my cute little girl worn out from a long day at the beach.. see how pretty the water is?}


{Capri is infatuated with Jake}


Capri loves going to the pool, these two have been crazy little fishies lately



{Stephs in-laws were staying at Turtle Bay this week so we got to go use their pools and play tourist a few times, the girls LOVED the slide. They would run up and go down by themselves over and over!}

{Since we didnt get to go paddle boarding in December, cause we were in Utah, I took Capri on a little date, we got "pinkalicious" snow cones, and went paddle boarding up Haleiwa River and watched the sunset. love my little explorer.}
p.s. my friend camilla told us about this book called pinkalicous.. if you havent heard of it and you have a little girl you should get it! Capri is obsessed! its a super cute book!



{We went to the zoo, with Cooper and Sharla. this is one of my favorite zoo's. all the exhibits are so close. like this alligator, for example, I was scared. a little too close in my opinion}





another beach day @ Alligator Ponds

{linds and Parker}

{harper}

{parker}

{this picture makes me laugh. it is so typical. it just captures so much of our every day life. crazy kids following each other and exploring, parker and harper always end up like this, and Capri loves having her floaties on haha.}



{Friday after school we went to Waimea, jumped off the rock, got pummled in the huge waves (which made me have perma-grin for at least an hour after), saw our first whales this season,  and chased around the litte munchkin while she bolted towards the waves and climbed on the rocks}


{Capri's hair has been super curly this week.. thats why i love this pic}



2 comments:

Armstrong family said...

I miss you guys so much and Hawaii. I'm so glad you post alot of pictures. I want to move back.

Megan Marie said...

i'm going to have nightmares of that eel. oh gosh it was so freaky looking. ok, i'll side with you 85 days seems way short. are you sure you want to move? i wouldn't just looking at these photos. but we'd love to have you closer! hehehe