Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tsunamis, Visitors, and big waves, Oh my!

This week was unique, fun, scary, amazing and busy. I guess the best way to tell you is to start from the beginning.
Thursday March 10, Matt Brooke (pauls sis) and Avail woke up bright and early at 3am Utah time to come see us. It felt like Christmas! I love Avail and I was so excited to play with her!!They were flying standby so after 4 airports, a shuttle from LBC to LAX and a lonnng flight to Hawaii they finally landed. About an hour before they landed my friend Marta called me and told me about the earthquake in Japan.. and told me about the tsunami warning ETA 3:00am. All the phone lines were jammed within the hour. I finally got a hold of them and told them to get over to this side ASAP (we only have a 2 lane road going into Laie, one way north, one way south.. RIGHT next to the ocean almost the entire time so I was worried about traffic. Anyways they had been up for 24 hours and weren't even phased by the situation thankfully :) They finally got here I sent them to bed and then we waited. One thing I love about Paul is that he doesn't ever worry. BUT in an instance like this I wanted him to worry! I wanted to be Mrs. Patty Preparedness and he wanted to just chill haha anyways I knew nothing too bad was going to happen, (our house could have had major flooding, losing water and power for awhile) but I couldn't sleep and with all the sirens going off my heart couldn't help but to beat a little faster. I love islands. I am infatuated by them. The thought of leaving my island makes me wanna cry and gives me a stomach ache. BUT this night I was slightly scared being trapped on my little island. Anyways.. it turned out ok, we didnt sleep but other then that we were very lucky especially since we werent prepared for the worst. Thank you to all for your thoughts, prayers, texts, emails, facebook messages, and phone calls! I felt so loved and I am lucky to have such amazing people in my life! My heart breaks for the people in Japan there are some people in our building that dont even know if their families are ok yet, so pray for the people of Japan.

On a lighter note.. we had SO much fun with Matt Brooke and Avail! I love the stage Avail is at right now, its the best. Its princessess and pretend.She is easy and good and she LOVED the beach! She is a natural :) She kept telling me she "is gonna live here when she gets big" so cute! We crammed in a lot when they were here and it was a blast, I was sad to see them leave! Capri LOVED having "T T" (Avail) here! Avail made her laugh and was so cute with her!

Capri hugging the palm tree! she is a sweetheart, she loves "pa tees"


Paradise


The famous Matsumotos

Capri gets just as excited as I do to go here.. She is literally licking the cup clean

We went snorkeling at turtle bay, usually I dont see much here but it was Matts first time and we lucked out that day! We saw some really awesome things!


Avail loved the ocean, she didnt want to get out!


We hiked Maunawilis, I loved it, its such a beautiful hike with an amazing waterfall at the end! Avail was such a trooper! Its a long hike for little legs and she did the whole thing without complaining! But I think Brooke liked it the most out of everyone! ;)




We got sooo muddy!


My cute hot hubby


Matt jumping



My cute munchkin posing for me! She loves saying "CHEEEEESE" now haha




We went surfing at Castles, Avail got on the board with me and we paddled out and found some turtles! She is so brave, I really cant believe how comfortable with the water she was!

Avail and I made a fun sand castle, and played pirates haha

I love these little moments!

Turtle Beach! I love this beach! It was so fun to see the turtles

Miss Avail. She is so cute! We are going to miss them!





This morning the surf report said it was 25-30 feet! For those of you that have no idea if that is big or not.. its BIG! HUGE! very very dangerous! I woke Paul up and told him we had to go watch it! So we went to Waimea, and there were a bunch of surfers and boogie boarders out there. It was so amazing, the ocean has so much power and energy. I love it. In these pics you cant really fathom how big it is but look at how little the people are compared to the wave.. 25-30 is triple overhead. Pretty intense.







XOXO Love, Lish

2 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I'm so glad you guys are safe and sound! Capri is adorable. I love that she loves to be naked! Haha! The beach and the waves are just gorgeous! Hope you enjoyed the bachelor :)

Brittney Wimmer said...

I seriously love/hate looking at your blog :) Let me explain. I love checking in on you guys and getting the Capri update, but I also get so jeleous! I wish we were there with you guys. And you always have visitors and I keep thinking, THAT SHOULD BE US! So maybe you'll get a suprise visit from us sometime :) I wish Capri and Sailor could run on the beach together everyday. Anyway, we miss you guys. Maybe we'll see each other this summer?