FIRST THINGS FIRST. i love this girl. After my hubby begging me and me saying no, and more begging, he convinced me to let him take Capri with him to Utah for his brothers wedding! I am not going until the week after.. so long story short. I am going to be husbandless for 6 days and CAPRILESS for 9 days. Yeah I am sure at first most of you moms are thinking, "what a nice break." But personally, I love my little beach buddy, I love having my little mini-me to play with and make me laugh all day. Seriously if you have depression medicine mail it to me. JK. but seriously so sad :( I cry thinking about not seeing her for 9 days. The longest I have gone is 1 night. I really dont know how I will do 9 days! ugh. and no hubby makes it worse. anyways thats my sob story. I love my little Capri. she is my bestie.
Last night we went and surfed turtle bay, we need to take advantage of any waves we can get in the summer months

I took FIRST in my age bracket! Im not trying to toot my own horn but I am really proud of myself. I have been training really hard for this and I pushed myself so hard in this race, there was tons of people there that I was competing against. I thought it would be cool to place but after looking at the times from last year I didnt think I had a chance, when I got home I looked at the results and was SO happy to see my name with a 1st next to it! I didnt think to stay cause I thought there was no way I won, so Im bummed I didnt get my awards and prizes. oh well. I dont think I wanna do this again for awhile, and Im gonna have to really think about doing a full marathon... i get way too sick after I run. When Im running I am fine, but the whole day after not so bueno. I am so glad all my hard work paid off, and I am glad its over :)
8 comments:
Wow! Congrats to you on your half marathon! I am so impressed, but not that surprised :) You are SO athletic! So sad you have to be without Capri and Paul :( I'll send prayers your way :)
I was visiting your Grandma yesterday and she showed me some pics of Capri. Never knew how much she looks like Emily's Katie till then! Wow! She's a cutie, and good luck on those 6/9 days:)
WAY TO GO!!!! I am seriously so stinkin freakin proud of you! Go ahead and toot that horn sista, you deserve it. Lets run together when you are here in Utah. and p.s. 9 days with no baby, that would be SO hard.
oh my gosh good for you!!! You SHOULD be very proud, I can't even fathom doing a half marathon! Okay I've thought about it, but there is no motivation behind it lol... No wonder you keep looking skinnier and skinnier!! I can't believe you're without Capri and Paul! That would definitely feel weird! I love her little halter dress =) what a stylish little girl
sad day... I hope you make it through your 9 days! Just think how excited she will be to see you after so long!!! :) you are such a cute mom! I love to hear about how much you love little Capri :) Congrats on the 1/2. leesh! I am so proud of you, you go girl!!! that really is so cool! great achievement, give it a couple weeks and you will forget the awful sickness of then day after the run and want to do another!! :) haha I don't really know cause I've never done one, but that's what I imagine it will be like :) love and miss you!
Wow! Both of those things are crazy hard--being away from the kids and running that much! That's awesome, props! I've always wanted to run a marathon and I've secretly set a goal to run a half marathon before I have another kid...but...it's super hard to even be able to get out and exercise with 2 kids...I've only done it like 4 times since Emily was born... Terrible. I need a Utah gym with day care again!! Congrats on placing 1st, that's awesome!
way to shove me to the curb taking first in a HALF MARATHON... ha my 33 mins in my 5k! hahahahahaha oh thats why i love you leesh! i'm sad for you, how could paul do that to you! haha what a good guy. i miss you and am so proud of you for being 1st!!! it doesn't surprise me at all!
I'll toot your horn for you TOOT TOOT! I'm going to second everyone that has already left a comment and say YOU ARE AWESOME! That really is amazing!
Post a Comment